What you need:
A small loaf of Sourdough bread – I go for the round variety
Avocado scooped out and sliced
fresh basil leaves
2 packets of mozzarella cheese sliced
What you need to do:
- Cut the top off your loaf (Like you do with a pumpkin) to hollow it out.
- Take all of the bread out from the centre of the loaf, leaving a small edge around the shell.
- Start by spreading a spoonful of pesto onto the base inside the shell.
- Make your first layer of mozzarella cheese
- Spread spoonful of pesto on topThen the tomatoes
- Add the basil leaves
- Sprinkle some rocket leaves for the next layer
- Now start again finishing all of your ingredients.
add the last spoon of pesto to the inside of the lid of the bread
and place it on top.
Wrap the whole layered loaf in clingfilm and place in the fridge for about an hour or you can leave it over night if you are preparing this in advance.
Once it’s been chilled – remove the clingfilm and cut it like you would a cake.
Enjoy and get creative – try adding your own ingredients.