Beetroot is high in immune boosting vitamins C, B, folate, potassium and fibre.
It can be eaten raw, roasted, pickled and even crushed.
Beetroot is readily available in most shops. I’ve used the pickled beetroots in a pack.
But if you have more time on your hands, you could use the fresh beets and cook them first.
Cooking time:5 mins
- Large whole Pickled beetroots (one pack)
- ½ Cumin
- ½ tsp PG (parsley and garlic)
- Olive oil
- 1 fat clove of garlic peeled
- Squeeze of fresh Lemon
- Sea salt
- Rocket salad
- Pomegranate seeds
- Sourdough bread sliced (one per person or two small slices each)
- Pre heat the oven 180 (gas mark 4)
- Drizzle a baking tray with olive oil and a pinch of sea salt
- Place your slices of sourdough bread onto the olive oil move around a bit to encourage the olive oil to go in to the bread.
- Turn the bread over and do the same.
- Now bake in the oven for about 5 minutes. Keep an eye on them making sure they don’t burn. Remove when light golden.
- Whilst they are still hot, lightly rub the clove of garlic over the crunchy top.
- Into the food processor – add the beetroots, PG, cumin, a squeeze of lemon
- and sea salt.
- Whizz it up until the mixture resembles houmous
- Spoon a generous helping onto the now golden sourdough slices
- Top with the rocket leaves
- Drizzle with olive oil
- Squeeze lemon on top
- Randomly place some pomegranate seeds – they will give that gorgeous
- Pop of juiciness and shine like jewels in a crown.