Quick Focaccia with Shallots, Garlic & Rosemary.
April 4, 2020by Joanna Gray
This quick recipe is just so easy to make and tastes amazing!
You’ll probably have all of these ingredients in your pantry already.
700 g flour
500 ml water (warm)
20g sea salt
7 g (1 sachet) dried yeast
2 tsp honey
Infused Olive oil with Rosemary and garlic slices.
8 Shallots cooked until soft and still a light colour.
- pre-heat, oven to 200c or gas mark 7.
- Add the flour, sea salt, yeast and honey into a large mixing bowl
- gradually adding in the warm water
- Using a wooden spoon or your hands bring all of the ingredients together (sticky dough)
- knead the sticky dough on a slightly oiled work surface for about 6-8 minutes,
- then place back in to the bowl.
- Covering the top of the bowl with a clean tea towel, leave to prove for about 1 hour or until it has doubled in size, in a warm place.
- In a large baking tin, empty the (now doubled in size) dough and stretch to the shape of the tin and leave for a further 30 mins to prove once more.
- Make some dimples on the top of the dough ready for the delicious topping to be trapped in the holes.
- Now spread your cooked shallots and garlic slices on top of the newly proved dough in the baking tin.
- pour on the infused olive oil making sure the oil is around the edges of the dough in the base of the tin (about 1/2cm deep).
- Place in the oven for 20 -30 minutes – until golden brown (play it by ear, keeping an eye on the shallots, ensuring they do not burn).
- cool and then serve with your delicious soup or have it on its own.