Very Berry Cake
600g mixed berries for the topping
150g raspberries to go into the cake
250g gluten free self-raising flour
250g butter softened
- 250g coconut sugar or golden caster sugar/
- 4 large eggs
- 100g ground almond
- 2½ tsp
- 150ml pot natural yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
For the drizzle
3 tbsp homemade damson jam/ jam of your choice
Small amount of water
For the dusting
Coconut Icing sugar/icing sugar for the top
- Heat oven to 180C/gas 4. Use a little of the butter to grease a deep 23cm cake tin and line with baking parchment.
- In a large bowl, combine the butter and sugar with an electric whisk until pale and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well between each addition. Add the flour, vanilla paste, ground almonds, baking powder, yogurt, stir everything until just combined.
- Add in the raspberries, making sure they are covered.
- Tip into the tin, smooth the top
- bake for 35-45 mins or until a skewer comes out clean.
Meanwhile, make the jam drizzle.
- Heat a small amount of water with the jam until a smooth consistency. Remove from the heat.
- When the cake is done, remove from the oven and pour over the drizzle. Leave to cool in the tin for 20 mins, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- add the berries and then dust with the icing sugar of your choice.
Delicious! Just the cake for any occasion!